The Explorer VX-R5 Vertical Explore L Bracket for Canon EOS R5 / R6 mirrorless full-frame cameras is a custom-designed L bracket allowing you to quickly change the orientation of your camera from horizontal to vertical mounting positions while maintaining a center of balance through the middle of the tripod. The Explorer VX-R5 is a single-piece CNC machined aluminum alloy bracket with an anodized finish for durability and is lightweight at just 111g (3.9oz). The bracket mounts to the camera via UNC1/4”-20 screw with convex edges, anti-slip plate, and dual safety stops minimizing lateral movement to help prevent the camera from accidentally sliding out of a compatible quick release clamp. The VX-R5 is fully compatible with is compatible with both Arca-type and Really Right Stuff lever clamp.
The battery compartment and all side ports are fully accessible, and the flip-out / rotating screen of the R5 / R6 has full movement allowing it to be used in all positions.
WHY USE AN L-BRACKET?
The ability to quickly change your camera’s orientation from landscape to portrait is one of the biggest advantages when using an L bracket over a standard quick-release mounting plate. This can provide multiple options for compositions while still maintaining balance and even weight distribution on a tripod.
Advantages of using an L-Bracket
- Better weight distribution and balance through the tripod
- Maintain composition when changing from horizontal to vertical orientation
- Great for panoramic shots in both vertical and horizontal orientation
- Allows for a full range of motion in portrait / vertical orientation when using a ball-head
- Maintain access to the accessory ports on your camera (custom-fitted L-Brackets)
- Acts as a protective shell around the camera body