The Covid-19 pandemic has affected all aspects of life, and for the foreseeable future, will shape the way groups interact for quite sometime. To address any concerns you may have with regards to my workshops, here is what I plan to do for my 2020 and 2021 workshops. In order to put your health and safety first, I will keep up to date on the latest guidelines set forth by the CDC. And the following changes to how I run workshops are below:
1) Group sizes will be no more than 6 people max. This may mean 5 clients and myself as the workshop leader or 4 clients, myself and an assistant.
2) Carpooling will be eliminated unless two or more participants are from the same household. Group meals will unfortunately not take place.
3) I will provide hand sanitizer and disposable masks to those that need them. Please bring your own if you have them. Mask wearing will be required when social distancing is not possible.
4) I will be checking everyone’s temperature with an infrared thermometer the first evening and again on the 3rd evening.
5) Typically, I make myself available for post processing or image critique sessions during breaks. If a meeting space is available where proper social distancing is available, these sessions will still be available. However, if they are not, I can offer 1-on-1 Zoom/Skype type sessions post-workshop for those interested.
6) We will follow all local and state regulations we well as respect any state or national park guidelines as well as those of tribal lands.
7) While I will do my best to minimize risk, you must accept that despite all the above precautions, there is still some risk of getting sick.
Booking, Payment, and Deposit
I require full payment for our 1-day workshops at the time of booking. For multi-day workshops, you have the option of initially paying only the deposit or the workshop fee in full. When paying the deposit, I will bill you the remaining balance 60 days before the workshop start date. If you cancel at any time, the deposit amount is non-refundable unless we are able to fill your spot before the workshop starts; in which case, we will refund your holding deposit. Please note, refunds are subject to a 5% processing fee as credit card processors are no longer refunding their fees to me. Your entire registration fee is due and becomes non-refundable and non-transferable 60 days before the workshop.
If we cancel a workshop for any reason, your entire registration fee will be transferred to another workshop or refunded to you at your discretion.
For photographers who are traveling for workshops, we strongly recommend purchasing trip insurance to cover your costs in case of cancellation or withdrawal.
Rainy Day Policy
If it’s stormy or rainy, 9 times out of 10 we will still conduct the workshop. This is due to a number of reasons including the unpredictability of the weather, and the difficulties of rescheduling a large number of individuals. In addition many dramatic landscape and seascape images are captured during stormy weather due to the extra drama.
We will never cancel a workshop based on the forecast and will make a weather assessment the day of the workshop. The only time we will ever not go out is if we determine conditions are unsafe or absolutely unshootable.
If you have a personal emergency such as a death in the family, please contact us. We are willing to work with you to reschedule or refund your fee on a case-by-case basis.
Our workshops require a minimum of three participants. In the case of under-subscription we reserve the right to cancel the workshop, in which case your registration will be transferred to another workshop of your choosing or you may request a refund.